7 SEO Factors To Improve Your Google Ranking In 2023
Google is constantly changing their algorithms in order to provide the most organic, relevant results.
This means websites with bad SEO and deceptive content can expect to fall down to the lowest rungs on the scale, favored over websites focusing on good quality content, organic SEO, as well as design and usability that are user-friendly.
Want to get your website to rank higher on the Google rankings?
Read on to learn how to boost Google rankings in 2023.
A good base is crucial to get the first place on the Google rankings, as it is where you can optimize both your on-page SEO as well as off-page SEO issues. Make sure that you have a solid site structure, a fast loading speed, user-friendly layout, and high-quality content. Avoid duplicating, irrelevant content at all costs.
- Optimize your pages to make them easy to navigate and load quickly. Update overall appearance Make the website easier on the eyes. All of this makes your site easier for Google to index.
They also help you to attract and keep the audiences you want. There are third-party services available to find which keywords and phrases will help you rank higher on the search engines. Once you know what they are, figure out a way to organically incorporate them into your content.
- It is important to know that knowing which keywords perform the best is only half of the job. You must also create high-quality content that uses those keywords naturally.
Anchor text is a solid external link strategy. However, Google keeps an extremely close eye out for the misuse of anchor texts, so be sure to only use keywords in your anchor texts where they are relevant.
- You want to maximize the amount of traffic that you receive from visitors. Knowing that an increasing number of people are visiting websites using mobile devices, it makes sense to make your website mobile-friendly.
Google has also stated they are using the mobile versions for mobile page indexing. All of this means that optimizing for mobile navigation needs to be your first priority if you are looking to increase your total traffic.
- You could take advantage of Googles AMP, a project designed to improve the load times of pages on mobile devices, in order to improve the user experience and decrease the bounce rates. A backlink is a link that brings readers to you from another website or page. Backlinks are vital, as they let search engines know which websites are liking your pages, or using your pages to get outside information.
- The more websites that link to your website, the higher you will rank in the search engines. However, it is usually quality, rather than quantity, that matters in terms of ranking on Google.
Look at the domain age of sites that you are hoping for referrals from. Links from older, established sites will generally be better for your website than those from newer, or less established sites. Work on getting links from authoritative sites, which are more likely to provide a higher boost to you than links from unknown sites.
- Also, avoid using 301 redirects as they may erode your rankings. Quality content is still the king. Couple this with some good content curation, and you have got yourself a site that has a great shot at achieving a higher ranking on Google.
It also helps if your content is shareable. Opt for videos, blog posts, and eBooks that are going to be helpful for your readers. When readers share your content, it is highly likely they will link back to your website. Sharing your content is another way of getting more eyes on your blog, very similar to the way that backlinks from other websites provide a boost in rankings.
- Make sure that the strategies you are using to rise up in the rankings do not trigger any penalties, which can take your site off of search results entirely. Be familiar with the guidelines that Google has set forth. Use Googles search engine optimization beginners guide to learn about basic strategies to adopt and actions to avoid. Most importantly, listen to Google when they give specific instructions about which strategies should be followed exactly. Doing so may help you avoid mistakes that could have negative effects on your rankings.
Google is actively working against websites using spammy techniques, meaning that you should focus on building a high-quality site structure and having quality content. Doing the basics right can go a long way in getting a higher ranking in Google, so that you get the necessary exposure to get your business to the next level.